The advantages of duplex steel mainly have the following points:
(1) with good corrosion resistance, its wear resistance and corrosion resistance are better than that of austenitic stainless steel.
(2) enough plastic toughness needed for forming. The use of duplex stainless steel production tank or pressure vessel wall thickness, is conducive to reduce costs. Has excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking ability, even the lowest duplex stainless steel alloys containing higher resistance should be the ability of stress corrosion cracking, especially in chlorine ion in the environment. In Xu
(3) the elongation rate of ferrite phase of the duplex steel is smaller than that of the austenitic phase, so the bending radius of the 2205 phase is larger than that of the austenitic stainless steel.
(4) the linear expansion coefficient is low, and the carbon steel is close to, which is suitable for the connection of carbon steel, and has important engineering significance, such as the production of composite plate or lining.
(5) under the condition of dynamic or static load, there is a higher energy absorption capacity, which is to deal with unexpected accidents such as collision, explosion, etc., the advantages of duplex stainless steel is obvious, it has practical application value.
(6) external anticorrosive coating repair system refers to the tube Daowai anticorrosion layer construction caused by local damage and handling and other factors caused by the damage of modifications, including pipe joint outer anti-corrosion layer construction and damage of repair.
(7) duplex steel is allowed to be used in the ASME boiler and pressure vessel code at temperatures below 316. The strength can be obtained through the ASME boiler and pressure vessel.
Source: Zhejiang Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited (www.yaang.com)